Performance Review Reflection
A performance review is an important process that helps to ensure that employees are working successfully towards their objectives for the year, are working to the company values and that their performance is meeting or exceeding expectations. As a consultant in an accounting, engineering or IT professional role, I recently underwent a performance review with Navitas Professional Services. Reflecting on the process, I have realized that while my supervisor and I had similar views on my performance, there were some discrepancies between my self-evaluation and my supervisor's evaluation.
My supervisor gave me a score of 3 out of 4 in technical skills, while I had given myself a score of 4 out of 4. This discrepancy could be due to the fact that my supervisor may have been more critical of my performance and had a different standard for evaluating my skills. It's possible that I may have overestimated my technical skills and my supervisor's evaluation is more accurate. To address this, I plan to seek feedback from my supervisor and colleagues to get a more accurate understanding of my technical skills and identify any areas that may require improvement. Additionally, I will seek out training and development opportunities to improve my technical skills and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices.
In quality of work product, my supervisor gave me a score of 2.5 out of 4, while I had given myself a score of 3.5 out of 4. This discrepancy could be due to a lack of clear communication between my supervisor and me. I may not have fully understood my supervisor's expectations for my quality of work product and as a result, may have underestimated my performance. To address this, I plan to communicate more effectively with my supervisor by setting clear expectations and regularly checking in to ensure that we are on the same page. I will also seek feedback from my colleagues and implement suggestions and recommendations provided to improve the quality of the work product.
One of the reasons that I think my supervisor's evaluation may be lower than my own is because of my tendency to get caught up in a new task before completing the required paperwork. This can result in delays in my tasks being completely signed off and, as such, the system has shown that my work orders are not completed, when in fact they are. To address this, I plan to work on my time management skills and prioritize completing paperwork in a timely manner. I will also seek feedback from the admin team and implement suggestions and recommendations provided to improve my workflow and ensure that my tasks are completed and signed off in a timely manner.
In addition to addressing the discrepancies in my evaluation, I also want to focus on building a strong professional network. I plan to attend networking events and conferences within my field, join professional organizations and participate in group meetings, connect with professionals on LinkedIn and other social media platforms, reach out to individuals in my field for informational interviews and maintain and nurture existing relationships by staying in touch and offering assistance when possible.
In conclusion, reflecting on my performance review has helped me to identify areas for improvement in my performance. I plan to seek feedback from my supervisor and colleagues, communicate more effectively with my supervisor, prioritize completing paperwork in a timely manner, improve my time management skills, and focus on building a strong professional network. I am confident that by addressing these areas, I will be able to improve my performance and meet or exceed expectations.
Comments
Post a Comment